Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memory Eternal

I finished stitching for the Mother's Day Project over Memorial Day weekend. I didn't plan it that way, but I'm glad that that's the way my schedule worked out. Like many people, I tend to forget about the reason for the holiday and just enjoy the day off. This year I took time to remember one woman who gave her life in service to this country. According to the official report,

"Pfc. Hannah L. Gunterman, 20, of Redlands, Calif., died on Sept. 4 in Taji, Iraq, from injuries suffered when she was struck by a vehicle. Gunterman was assigned to the 542nd Maintenance Company, 44th Corps Support Battalion, Fort Lewis, Wash."

According to one blogger's tribute I found, Hannah was an avid reader who loved Gone with the Wind and who started a library on the Fort Taji base. She left behind a husband and young son, as well as many other family members and friends who miss her terribly. May her memory be eternal.



No comments: